Caught Between Worlds
The key building-blocks of Creation, concepts or objects which are important enough to have a Power tied to them. These are things like: Healing, Wolves, Rage, Swords, Beauty, etc.
- Powers generally wax and wane as their Attributes do. The strength of a Power’s Attributes in Creation is the single biggest influence on their Rank and overall power.
- Attributes are often created, but are rarely destroyed, since the concept or thing would have to be entirely removed from Creation for that to happen. But it has happened in the past. The destruction of an Attribute is a devastating blow to any Power that claims it.
- If a Power is the only one to posses the Attribute, then they are the Soul of that Attribute.
- In many instances there will be Powers who possess the same Attribute. In these cases there is a Paramount, who is the most powerful in the Attribute. The rest are Contenders. The Light and The Dark in particular struggle to achieve and keep Paramount status.
- Attributes can change hands often as Contenders work tirelessly to achieve the power associated with Paramount status, and the Paramounts, selfishly guard their elite status. The Light and The Dark spend a lot of their time battling back and forth over key Attributes, whose manifestation in the world tends to change depending on who is Paramount.